British Columbia (B.C.) is rich in natural resources and hydroelectric power. With one of the most flexible and supportive business climates in North America, the province attracts investment from around the world. As a leading jurisdiction for climate leadership and clean energy incentives, B.C. is a clean-tech innovation hub with an established talent pool.
A west coast innovation hub
B.C. offers countless opportunities to invest in, or expand operations within emerging and government-supported industries, including:
- Hydrogen and low-carbon fuel production
- Clean technology such as carbon capture
- Energy storage and advanced battery technology
- Information and communications technology (ICT) such as data centers
The B.C. government is focused on growing technology and innovation within the region by:
- Leading green and climate policies and incentives to improve project economics.
- Providing the infrastructure that communities and residents need to participate in the innovation economy.
- Developing and attracting a world-leading talent pool.
- Helping companies get established and grow.
Learn more about innovation in B.C.